1923-S Peace Dollar
The 1923-S Peace Dollar, a cherished numismatic treasure, is a shining relic of a bygone era. Minted in the midst of the Roaring Twenties, this iconic silver coin holds a special place in American history. With its classic design and rich symbolism, the 1923-S Peace Dollar remains a symbol of hope and reconciliation in the aftermath of World War I. Join us on a journey back in time to explore the beauty and significance of this historic coin.
- Iconic Design: The 1923-S Peace Dollar features the renowned design by sculptor Anthony de Francisci, showcasing Lady Liberty on the obverse and a majestic eagle on the reverse.
- Silver Composition: Crafted from 90% silver and 10% copper, this coin has a weight of 26.73 grams and a diameter of 38.1 millimeters, making it a substantial and enduring piece of American currency.
- Minted in San Francisco: The "S" mintmark denotes its origin at the San Francisco Mint, adding a touch of West Coast heritage to this historic coin.
- Peace Symbolism: The coin's design symbolizes the end of World War I, with Lady Liberty extending an olive branch to a perched eagle on the reverse, serving as a powerful representation of peace and unity.
- Collectible Rarity: Due to its limited mintage and age, the 1923-S Peace Dollar has become a sought-after collector's item, highly regarded for its historical and numismatic significance.
- Historical Significance: Minted during the prosperous and optimistic era of the Roaring Twenties, this coin is a tangible artifact of the time, capturing the spirit of the age.
- Investment Value: As a precious metal coin, the 1923-S Peace Dollar holds intrinsic value for investors looking to diversify their portfolios with tangible assets.
- Pristine Condition: Well-preserved specimens of the 1923-S Peace Dollar are highly prized by collectors, with uncirculated or near-mint examples commanding a premium in the numismatic market.
The 1923-S Peace Dollar, a striking piece of American numismatic history, offers a captivating glimpse into a pivotal era in the nation's past. This iconic silver coin, with its remarkable design and historical significance, has been a favorite among collectors and investors alike for decades.
- Design and Symbolism: One of the most notable features of the 1923-S Peace Dollar is its elegant design, crafted by sculptor Anthony de Francisci. The obverse of the coin portrays Lady Liberty, cloaked in a soft, flowing gown, with rays of the rising sun behind her. In her outstretched hand, she extends an olive branch, a powerful symbol of peace. The reverse showcases a perched eagle, signifying the nation's strength and the hope for lasting tranquility.
- Minted in San Francisco: The "S" mintmark on the coin signifies its origin at the San Francisco Mint, adding a touch of West Coast heritage to this historic piece. The San Francisco Mint played a significant role in producing some of the most iconic U.S. coins, and the 1923-S Peace Dollar is no exception.
- Historical Context: The 1923-S Peace Dollar emerged during the post-World War I era, a time marked by optimism and recovery. It served as a symbol of hope, unity, and the desire for lasting peace following the tumultuous war years. This historical context makes owning a 1923-S Peace Dollar a tangible connection to the past and a reminder of the resilience of the American spirit.
- Collector's Delight: With its limited mintage and age, the 1923-S Peace Dollar has become a sought-after collector's item. Coin enthusiasts and history buffs are drawn to its unique blend of artistry and historical significance. Well-preserved specimens, especially those in uncirculated or near-mint condition, are highly coveted.
- Investment Opportunity: Beyond its historical and artistic appeal, the 1923-S Peace Dollar also holds intrinsic value as a silver coin. For investors looking to diversify their portfolios with tangible assets, this coin presents a compelling option.
Owning a 1923-S Peace Dollar is not just possessing a piece of precious metal; it's holding a piece of history and a symbol of hope and reconciliation. Whether you're a seasoned numismatist or a newcomer to the world of coin collecting, this coin's allure is undeniable, and it's a must-have addition to any collection.